Support and Guidance
Rivington and Blackrod Sixth Form continues to thrive, offering you a safe and successful bridge between G.C.S.E. studies at High School and the independence of life at University and Work.
We offer you the personalised learning pathways, support and guidance services that you expect of a school, alongside preparation for life, an adult environment with the atmosphere and range of opportunities that you would expect of a College.
Our successful, friendly and well organised Sixth Form offers a wide range of courses to choose from, taught by subject specialists and underpinned by high quality tutorial and guidance support from a team of Post-16 Tutors. We are a caring community in which every individual is important.
Whether you have been a student at Rivington and Blackrod High School already, or are one of our many students from a wide variety of schools in Bolton and surrounding areas or even further afield, we will continue to support and guide your transition to a new way of learning and future success.
Support is offered:
- Through your form tutor who acts as an adviser helping you to plan your future effectively.
- We have a sixth form team of staff dedicated to your support and guidance about academic, personal, health or financial issues.
- We have invested in enhanced facilities to support your learning, including study rooms which are staffed and well-resourced and study pods and we can offer you extensive access to computers.
- As a Rivington and Blackrod sixth former, you benefit from regular feedback and guidance, even in the summer holidays when you get your results.
- Critical Thinking
- Further Maths
- Sporting activities
- Volunteer activities
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Visits including Oxford University
- Events including the U.C.A.S. Convention and Oxbridge Roadshow and taster courses.
We listen carefully to our students and our expanded facilities are evidence of this. We treat our students as adults and we have high expectations of each and everyone.