Maths and Information Technology
The department aims to give every pupil the opportunity to equip themselves with the essential skills and qualifications they will need to maximise their chance to flourish on their chosen path. To be able to think problems through logically and embrace new technologies however quickly they change.
Aims of the Department
- Place the child at the centre of learning.
- Promote the interest, curiosity and enjoyment in the learning of Mathematics and ICT.
- Develop all students irrespective of ability or agenda and aim to maximise individual potential.
- Set high standards of expectation in student performance and behaviour.
- Encourage students to take pride in their work.
- Employ a broad and balanced variety of teaching and learning strategies.
- Prepare students for appropriate external examinations.
- Develop confidence in pupils so they are able to cope with the Mathematical and ICT based needs of adult life.
- Provide opportunities for the application of Mathematics and ICT to real life situations and problems.
- Provide an appreciation of the importance and relevance of Mathematics and ICT in the world of work.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Establish the importance of Mathematics and ICT to other subjects.
- Endeavour to continually improve standards of achievement in Mathematics and ICT at Rivington and Blackrod High School.