Environmental planning for a sustainable school
At Rivington & Blackrod, we aim to promote a sustainable school environment for the whole school community. The sustainability of the school is crucial in minimising the impact on our environment for future generations of students.
Schools have a crucial role in helping to create a sustainable future for our planet. Our role as a sustainable school is to:
- Improve the sustainability of the school.
- Be able to initiate and develop discussions surrounding environmental sustainability within the school by both students and staff.
- To teach students how to lead environmental and sustainable change and monitor progress.
- To allow access to resources that can support our school with environmental sustainability planning.
- To develop a sense of belonging and responsibility as well as encouraging participation in environmental sustainability planning within the school community.
The Rivington & Blackrod High School Environment Team involves pupils across the year groups (Environmental Ambassadors), the Head of Key Stage 3, the Business Manager and the Canteen Manager. This year, we have carried out a formal environmental review and the Environment Team has been set up to input into our yearly action plan.
Environmental Ambassadors will be looking at projects around the site including energy consumption monitoring, litter awareness, paper, plastic, metal and food waste recycling, as well as bulb and tree planting around the site.
They will do assemblies across the age range to report on this and communicate fully with students across the school about future plans at the start of the next academic year.
School Contact: email@example.com
Eco-Schools Website: https://www.eco-schools.org.uk