RBHS - a cashless school
(Please click here to download this letter as a PDF)
For some time, Rivington & Blackrod High School has used ParentPay as a way for parents to pay for school meals, trips and activities.
An account with ParentPay is beneficial in many ways and over 85% of our families are already using the system to make payments to school.
Over the recent years, we have been working on improving the way we use ParentPay and have taken the decision that as of the new school year in September 2020 we will become a fully cashless school.
All payments to school will now need to be made via the ParentPay online secure payment system and we will no longer accept cash/cheques into the school office or via the revaluation machines for school lunches.
The current COVID-19 situation has been a catalyst in making this decision as the passing of cash between students/parents and staff poses an additional risk of spreading the virus however, once we fully return to our normal school routines, it will also save, both school administration staff and parents, invaluable time.
How does Parent Pay help you?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- stops you having to write cheques or search for cash to send to school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, there is no waiting for cheques to clear
- payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments
- ParentPay is quick and easy to use
How does ParentPay help Rivington & Blackrod High School?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- reduces paper ‘waste’
- allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the Parent Account
- improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
The ParentPay website has guidance notes available for you should you need them. This includes help with updating your username/password, paying for school meals, how to make payments, and how to add/merge child accounts. Click here to go to the ParentPay website
What happens if I am not currently registered on ParentPay?
The school has identified all parents who do not currently have a ParentPay account activated and has posted registration details to your home address. You will receive these shortly, please register and activate your account as soon as possible.
Although most families will use the online system we understand that this is not always possible. Should you prefer not to make payment online, the school can provide a Paypoint card that will allow you to load funds onto your child’s lunch account via the network of Paypoint shops. Should you wish to register for a Paypoint card, please contact the school on 01204 333266 and press option 5 or alternatively email email@example.com
Please ensure that you log into your ParentPay account before the start of term to ensure your child has sufficient funds on their lunch account.
If you need any further support or guidance, please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org